Wednesday, February 9, 2011



I just wanted to introduce you to my companion Meeko. She has been with me for about 3 years now. This is her most common pose next to my chair. She is part chihuahua and part Pomeranian hence the lion effect of her face. Her name Meeko I think means Little Chief in Iroquois I found it somewhere one time but can't locate it now.





She has her princess moments but it you wake her up from a nap she will bite your hand off and when she is chasing after a cat or squirrel. You are not her friend. Recently she has been playing out in the snow and she enjoys it for the most part but if her claws get muddy she'll come through the door at a run straight to the bedroom and under the bed because she knows her paws need to be cleaned and she hates getting her paws washed in the kitchen sink.



She is next to the shed now where she discovered a cat underneath it. I'm not sure when the cat left but I'm glad it did because she would stay out there for two to three hours barking at it. She is use to cats I had one for 20 years but I had to have her put down when I made my last move. Her hip was giving her problems and I didn't think she could survive in a house with three Labs who aren't use to cats. Meeko use to herd her around every now and then. She also liked the cats food every now and then. Occasionally the cat Baby would venture outside which would disturb Meeko who ruled the back yard. The cat would just ignore Meeko and just wonder around and eat the grass then Meeko would herd the cat back inside. After the cat was back inside Meeko would jump on the couch settle down on her blanket and go to sleep. Herding cats after all is an exhausting business.

No comments:

Post a Comment