Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dishwashing machines today and in the past

When I was growing up the dishwashing machine in my house was my Mom and the dryer was my brother or I. When I grew up and got married my husband and I moved into an apartment with a dishwashing machine. A real machine that washed dishes, that was the best machine a person had ever invented. That one machine did so much for me I didn’t have to stand there for 30 minutes washing the dishes and drying them instead I could stack them in the machine and let the machine do the work for me while I went out and walked the dog, went shopping, or took the kids to school and to after school activities. It was the best machine I never knew how great it was until I didn’t have one again and I was back to washing dishes by hand because the house I was back into was my Mom’s.

Things like that happen in life you grow up, get married, have kids, get divorce, and move back home to help out your Mom. The circle of life you start out in your parents home and some come back to help the parents that gave you life. Isn’t it amazing how events shape our lives and futures? That something so insignificant as a dishwashing machine can stand out so prominent in you mind as being important to you. Yet it is something I think about every time I look at the stack of dirty dishes I need to do. And before I start cooking I try to use as few dishes as possible because I know I’m just going to have to wash them when I’m done.

No comments:

Post a Comment