Thursday, July 29, 2010

Books part Mystery and part History

I love to read it is one of my favorite things to do. Sometime I forget to sleep at night because I want to find out what happens next. My favorite books are the ones with a lot of mystery and a little bit of history in them. Like Dan Brown's Angel and Demons, Symbol, and the DaVinci Code. Steven Berry who wrote Venetian Betrayal, The Amber room, and Charlamagne Pursuit. Clive Clussler who wrote the Serpent, The Navigator, The Spy, and Night Probe. Each of these books got me to the Internet to search out other books that could give me some solid facts about the historic realities mentioned in the fictional books I love to read. Some of them also mention the books used to research the story in the book. Which gave me a place to start reading and make my own decision on what I wanted to believe about the theories mentioned in some of the books.



These are the type of books I enjoy because they not only teach a little bit of history but especially the Clive Clussler Series teaches about the environment and the problems that can occur if we don't watch out. A year or so ago there was an algae problem in the Alaska area and I wouldn't have paid any attention to it if it hadn't been for Clussler and the dramatic theoretical possibilities of some of the algae in his books. He also mentioned in a few of his books how fresh water is becoming a sacred commodity in some states. I see that every year in Midland, Texas where they are always trying to find a way to get the right to some lake close by to be used as their fresh water source for drinking water. Books and authors can teach us a lot if we choose to learn it just a matter of picking up a book any book opening it up and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment