Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow, Sleet, and Cold Weather Oh My!

I talk a lot with my Aunt about the weather. I think it is an old person thing it is a safe topic of discussion when you don't want the conversation to get too personal at the beginning of a conversation. We both agree that our idea of cold weather is around 50 degrees Farenheit to 70 degrees Farenheit anything below that is too cold and we are done with winter.

We do not like snow or sleet. It is pretty to look at the snow but after the snowmen and the pictures. It can go away and go back up to 50 degrees. I realize that the cold weather is neccessary to kill off insects, give some animals and people time to hibernate, and keep the sports season going full cycle but at 30 degrees and below enough is enough.

Winter is a great time of year for a lot of people it's time to visit the ski resorts and the ice skating rinks. Some people like to go ice fishing not my favorite thing but then I'm not the outdoors type. I must admit though I enjoy the jeans, stretchy slacks, and sweat shirts at this time of the year. Sitting in my favorite chair under a blanket and sipping a hot cup of soup or coffee. This is also the time of the year when I pull out all the cold weather recipes chili, hamburger soup, and roast with potatoes and carrots. Once the cold weather is gone the winter recipes go away till the next year. Isn't it amazing the way we equate certain activites, recipes, clothes, and memories to the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment